Old Plugin + Theme + WordPress
- Various database functionality was hardcoded inside WordPress, making it impossible to update and to keep up-to-date with industry standards, security, and performance.
- Various dependencies in the form of old plugins.
- WordPress version stuck below 6.
- MySQL version stuck below 8.
- PHP version stuck below 7.
WP Advert Services + Theme
- WordPress 6.1+
- MySQL 8+
- PHP 8.1+
- New settings system, making possible to add any configurable option (e.g., fitters, statuses, sign types, and so on).
- Reusable blocks system to set menus, widgets, blocks in various areas of the theme.
- Zero plugin dependency system for various features, such as user management, user login and form submission management.
Changelog (WP Advert Services)
- Fix email deliverability
- Update sign submission form (edit fields, add new ones or remove old ones)
- Update administrator forms to include more agent details and to remove fitters
- Work on replicating and fixing bugs directly with clients/agents (on the phone)
- Client assistance on editing client details, such as email, company name, username and so on
- Client assistance from two developers via phone, email, WhatsApp and ISL Online
Changelog (WordPress Bundle)
- Full integration with Cloudflare for increased security, caching, performance, malware protection, and DNS management (24 hours + DNS propagation waiting time)
- Full integration with SendGrid for better email deliverability and email logging (switched from non-working Gmail SMTP) (2 hours)
- Update PHP to 7+ (from 5.x) (16 hours)
- Update MySQL to 8+ (from 5.x) (1 hour)
- Remove all unneeded plugins (and recode any required functionality) (16 hours)
- Remove all hardcoded WordPress functionality, so WordPress can be updated to 5+ (from 4.x) (16 hours)
Note that all man-hours include testing, bug fixing and sometimes, due to no existing documentation, trial-and-error.